Impact of iron hydroxyde on coral reef organisms

Bernard A. THOMASSIN thomassi at com.univ-mrs.fr
Thu Oct 1 13:00:32 EDT 1998

Dear,
Working now on the possible effects upon coral reef organisms (benthic, plaktonic or fishes) of  Fe (iron) hydroxyde outputs from a desalt plant unit I would like receiving our observations or comments.
For example, in the area of Marseilles seawage output (W. Mediterranean sea), Fe hydroxydes induce a bioaccumulation of Fe cristals  in the stomach and the  axial gland of the local common seaurchin  Paracentrotus lividus.
What is know in the tropical coral reef environments upon marine organisms ?
Thanks for your help. Please send answer to my mail-address.
Cheers.
Bernard A. Thomassin