Looking for new histological methods

Marcos Soares Barbeitos msbb at acd.ufrj.br
Fri Oct 9 12:24:39 EDT 1998

        Dear coral-listers,

        I'm currently working with the reproductive biology of Montastrea
cavernosa. I'm looking for a technique to stain fully developed oocites so
that they become visible through mesenteries walls under dissecting
microscope. I'm currently making some tests with Yellow Naphtalene. Does
anybody have used this stain before? How do I prepare it? Does anyone have
any other suitable methods? (I'm already trying Sudam III) I would apreciate
any kind of tips, suggestions, references or books that you might be aware
of. Thanks a lot.