Reef Check Press Conderence!

reefchck at ust.hk reefchck at ust.hk
Sun Sep 13 00:09:40 EDT 1998

Dear all,

Reef Check will hold a Press Conference on 19 November to report the
preliminary results of the 1998 global survey, and coral bleaching and
mortality will be featured. Due to the early start this year, a number
of surveys occurred pre-bleaching so we are short of good visuals.

We would like to request anyone with good video (15 min) or slides (2-3)
of bleached, dying or dead corals if they would be willing to share with
us, to please send us a copy. We will be happy to reimburse copying and
postage costs (if you arrange with us first). On the 19th we will have
at least 6 video monitors showing different parts of the world. We will
be happy to give full credit to the photographer/scientist in writing
beneath the video or print. We are particularly interested in images
showing mortality of very large colonies.

Thank you for your generosity.
--
Gregor Hodgson, PhD
Institute for Environment and Sustainable Development