bleaching follow-ups

Gregory Boland Gregory.Boland at mms.gov
Tue Sep 15 07:45:51 EDT 1998

     I have noticed similar comments to a number of bleaching reports
     lately, something like "I don't know how this is going to affect
     things in the long run," or "who knows what permanent damage this
     extensive bleaching will cause."  I'm sure we all share the same dread
     and concerns and it would be very productive if we could indeed find
     out what really does happen.

     Perhaps everyone submitting bleaching reports this year (including
     yours truly) can post a "recovery report" some time late this year or
     early in 1999 if possible.  Accumulated bleaching reports and recovery
     reports could be accumulated, paired up and saved for reference.

     Greg Boland
     Minerals Management Service