No subject

Dyoulgerov, Milen mdyoulgerov at ocean.nos.noaa.gov
Thu Apr 1 11:40:10 EST 1999

Dear Coral List Members,

In February, I asked for help with information on vessel groundings and coral reef anchor damage.  The response has been truly overwhelming and I wish to thank everyone who responded with information and support for our efforts to come up with a request to the IHO for the introduction of uniform mapping of coral reefs and marine protected areas on nautical charts. With your support, National Ocean Service has prepared the respective draft document and has distributed it to other IHO member countries.  While it might take some time, we are confident that coral reefs and marine protected areas will eventually find their place on all nautical maps.  I also hope that by the end of April I will be able to distribute the information that we have compiled to those, who have asked me for copies.

Again, thank you very much for your help and support,
Milen Dyoulgerov