endemic Dascyllus damselfish for DNA work

Allen Chen cac at gate.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Apr 29 05:44:54 EDT 1999

Hi, coral-listers,

We are currently doing a mitochondrial DNA project on the reef
demselfishes, genus Dascyllus. We will be gratefully appreciated to anyone
who can help us collect the endemic species from the following geographic
regions. Or you know anyone in those regions that I can contact to get the
fish samples. Thanks!!!

Dascyllus marginatus from the RED SEA

Dascyllus albisella from the Hawaii

Dascyllus carneus from the eastern Africa

Dascyllus flavicandus from the Society Island (south-eastern Pacific)

Have a nice day!!!

Best Regards,

Chaolun Allen Chen, PhD
Assistant Research Fellow
R131, Evolutionary Ecology and Genetics of Coral Reef
Division of Evolutionary Zoology
Institute of Zoology, Academia Sinica
Nankang 115, Taipei
Taiwan