Catamarans for tuna fishing

gene at tutuila.gsfc.nasa.gov gene at tutuila.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 6 09:10:21 EDT 1999

This message brings back some very fond memories for me. As a former Peace
Corps Volunteer in Western Samoa (1974-77) I participated in the first
boat building activities of the Western Samoan Fisheries Division.  We had
a terrific naval architect and boat builder who worked with the United
Nation's Food and Agriculture Organization who designed plywood catamarans
based along the lines of the traditional Samoan alia.  These boats were
quite successful.  His name was Oyvind Gulbrandsen and perhaps someone can
try and contact him via FAO to see if he could help answer your question.

Best regards, gene feldman