Looking for a particular device

Mark van der Riesigtiegel riesigtiegel at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 12:21:00 EDT 1999

    Dear Coral-Listers,

	I'm looking for a device which consists of a receiver that must be
capable of detecting and storing the linear distance to a (acoustic or
radio) signal transmitter placed within a 20-30 m range with an accuracy
of aprox. 1 cm. Logged data must be exportable in some PC's compatible
format. The transmitter's signal must be produced by a human operator an
not automatically as some telemetry apparatus do. It's probably
unnecessary to say that the whole stuff must be waterproof for it will be
employed in marine experiments.

        I have visited lots of telemetry and marine acoustic devices sites
but the systems I've found are either too sophisticated (and expensive) or
do not suit my purposes. Could anybody help me?

Best wishes.

Mark.