experimental simulation of eutrophication and sedimentation

Caroly Shumway cshumway at neaq.org
Wed Jun 23 16:15:50 EDT 1999

Dear fellow Coral-listers,

I am just about to begin experiments looking at the effects of
eutrophication and sedimentation on visually guided behavior in damselfish.
This begins a long-term research effort on the importance of behavior in
aquatic conservation (Shumway, 1999). I wondered if anyone had suggestions
or references for how to mimic eutrophication and sedimentation in an
experimental tank? Also, does anyone have suggestions on dealers that can
help me quickly obtain Acanthochromis polyacanthis? Many thanks in advance!
I'll post the answers.

Sincerely, Dr. Caroly Shumway