Julian Sprung - Anemones

Mark Taber mttaber at email.msn.com
Tue May 25 08:12:18 EDT 1999

Seeing the email from Julian Sprung (assuming it is THE Julian Sprung)
reminded me to ask the following question -

In one of Julian Sprung's books, he mentioned that some species of anemone
have self propagated by splitting into two.  Does anyone know or have any
thoughts on what would cause an anemone to do this e.g. stress?  Also, does
anyone know where I could look for information that refer to anemones
spawning.  I am particle interested in the Heteractis magnifica species.

Thank you for any help.

Mark Taber
Save A Reef, Build Your Own -
http://www.reefsuk.org