translocation of Porites bommies

Precht, Bill Bprecht at pbsj.com
Wed Nov 17 00:16:55 EST 1999

for those who may be interested...

the Cozumel project that Eric refered to was performed by Ricardo
Munoz-Chagin... and he published some of the methodology and results in the
Panama Reef Mtg. Proceedings.

The reason the project was implemented was due to a port/dock expansion.
They built a combination artificial/natural reef and relocated &
transplanted everything they could... with great success I might add....This
new reef is adjacent to its original local... and it really looks quite
spectacular...a great case of successful "up-front" mitigation.

cheers,

Bill