To Bali or not to Bali....

Tony Larkum alark at bio.usyd.edu.au
Mon Sep 20 21:36:55 EDT 1999

Dear Colleagues,

	We have a situation in East Timor where violations of human rights
and outright murder have occurred on a massive scale.  Even the UN
acknowledges Indonesian military complicity in this situation.  As the
peace-keeping force goes in we are likely to be told of mounting horrors.
Political instability in Indonesia is likely to rise in the next year.  The
organisers of the 9th ISRS should be keeping a close eye on developments
and be prepared, in the near future, to take the ISRS elsewhere.

Tony Larkum
Prof. A.W.D. Larkum
School of Biological Sciences (A12)
University of Sydney