Help from other oceans

Erik Franklin Erik.Franklin at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 6 07:03:58 EDT 2000

Dear coral-listers,

This request is a slight tangent to the norm for the list, yet I have
great faith in the knowledge of its subscribers.

I've received a list of questions from a second grade class about coral
reefs.  I've been able to answer all of them except for one:
    "How do giant clams eat cuttlefish?"
My initial thought would be that they don't, expecting a punchline
involving kalamari instead. If they do, could I call on some benevolent
scientist from another ocean to shed some insight on this one.

Thanks for the help.  Please respond directly to erik.franklin at noaa.gov.

Erik C. Franklin
Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary
MM 95230 (Mail: P.O. Box 1083)