Revista de Biologia Tropical : e- version

Yael BenHaim yaelll at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 05:21:09 EDT 2000

Hi to all coral listers,
Thanks a lot to all that answered me and helped me.
I got the accessible electronic version of this
journal. The internet site is :

http://www.biologia.ucr.ac.cr/
7Erbt/tbonline/annosi.htm

By.

Yael Ben - Haim
Dept. of Microbiology and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University
Israel

--- owner-coral-list-daily at coral.aoml.noaa.gov wrote:

> coral-list-daily            Sunday, 9 April 2000
>    Volume 01 : Number 014
>
> In this issue:
>
> 		Mlle Blandine Mélis
> 		April 12th Global Change Seminar
> 		Fiji bleaching event

> From: "blandine melis" <bmelis at hotmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 02:08:43 PDT
> Subject: Mlle Blandine Mélis
>
> Dear Coral-Listers,
>
> 	Having recently completed my postgraduate diploma
> (bac +5) in Biology and
> the affects of human and natural activities at the
> Sea’s ecosystems at the
> University of Marseille (France). I Completed this
> formation in January 2000
> by the seminar “Coral reef Ecology and litoral
> tropical field ”EPHE,
> Perpignan University (France).
>
> During the last three years, I have gained
> experience in working in both
> France and abroad with coral reef research centers
> as a scientist and as a
> diver. This has given me sound theoretical knowledge
> and has allowed me to
> acquire practical skills in order to preserve and
> survey the coral reff
> ecosystem.
>
> I am looking for a position in a team where I will
> be involved in the
> prevention of environmental damage and also to make
> people more aware of the
> necessity to preserve this area.
>
> 	If there is any interest in my proposal, I will
> very pleased to send you my
> curriculum vitae.
>
> Many things in advance, Yours faithfully
>    Blandine Mélis

> http://www.hotmail.com
>

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Tony Socci <tsocci at usgcrp.gov>
> Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 13:13:38 GMT
> Subject: April 12th Global Change Seminar
>
>          U.S. Global Change Research Program Seminar
> Series
>
>         The Record of Surface Warming in the 20th
> Century:
>                 Recent Observations and Model
> Results
>

> What does the borehole record of temperature change
> tells us about climate
> change, particularly in the 20th century?  Is the
> borehole record of
> temperature change at the Earth's surface consistent
> with recent
> observations of temperature change and other proxy
> records of past
> temperature changes, regionally and globally?  From
> an observational
> perspective, what are the most notable changes in
> the surface temperature
> in the 20th Century, especially in the U.S.?  From a
> modeling perspective,
> can the warming of the 20th Century be attributed
> entirely to natural
> climate variability?  Are the regional and global
> warming trends consistent
> with a climate change resulting, in part, from a
> buildup of greenhouse
> gases?

> [...]
=== message truncated ===