server back up

Mike Kirda mkirda at dsl.telocity.com
Thu Aug 3 14:29:09 EDT 2000

Deborah Danaher wrote:

> I am trying to find out what the virus was intended to do and will post what I find out. I do know that the Windows operating system is the target, so MACophiles can just sit back and watch us squirm.
> Deborah Danaher

Deborah,

For everyone- a bookmark to McAfee's Virus Library:

http://vil.nai.com/villib/alpha.asp

For information on this specific virus, please see:

http://vil.nai.com/villib/dispvirus.asp?virus_k=10509

A perfect example of why building a web browser into
an operating system is not such a great idea. Thanks,
Microsoft.

For anyone still using Outlook (Express), follow the
instructions and you will turn off all methods of
infection for this type of VB scripting virus.

Regards.
Mike Kirda