Julian Sprung's email.

Robert Murray rmurray at infochan.com
Sat Aug 26 10:26:01 EDT 2000

Flowing water would reduce risk of small-scale hotspots (measured up to 90'F) which we notice in Discovery Bay every year when temperatures regularly reach 86-88'F around the bay towards end of Summer when the winds drop. We notice quite a regular bleaching pattern annually involving these sorts of temperatures.

Also would "still" water enhance UV penetration more evenly over small areas.

??

Robert Murray.

ROBERT MURRAY  BSc, FGA,
Discovery Bay Marine Laboratory,