Bill Bradley and Al Gore

Osha Gray Davidson osha at pobox.com
Tue Jan 11 09:58:50 EST 2000

To American listmembers:
I'm trying to assess the coastal and reef policies of the two leading Demo.
presidential candidates, Al Gore and Bill Bradley. Gore is more of a known
quantity--he seems to have a good record within the current administration
for supporting reef conservation and research funding (please, someone,
correct me if I'm wrong). Bill Bradley has a proposal to create something
called "The Coastal and Ocean Conservation Fund." Details are on his
website at http://www.billbradley.com/bin/article.pl?path=191299/4
(or follow the links from http://www.billbradley.com to "On the Issues.")
I'm wondering if someone can give an opinion on Bradley's proposal. Is he
allocating enough funds? Do they go to the right areas? Etc. If you don't
want to respond to the entire list, please contact me directly.
Cheers,
Osha

Osha Gray Davidson
	Adjunct Associate Professor
	International Programs, University of Iowa

MAILING ADDRESS:
Osha Gray Davidson
14 S. Governor St.
Iowa City, IA 52240