Coral Skeletons

Juan A. Sanchez js15 at buffalo.edu
Thu Jan 13 10:12:18 EST 2000

Dear Marina and colisters,

In this link,
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~js15/Regeneration.htm, you will find an example
of recently grazed coral (Montastraea annularis) after less than 24 hours
(top), in the middle an injury after one month (plenty of algae), and below
injuries after 15 days (mixed colors, algae and regenerating polyps). I can
tell you (based on the observations of this species, 1-2 weeks for 12
months) that the white skeleton after grazing remains for about 5 to 8 days
very bright. Cheers,

Juan A. Sanchez
Department of Biological Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo