unexpect whale visit

Dricot-Fellenius karlf at sfu.ca
Fri Jan 14 02:45:21 EST 2000

Kalli De Meyer wrote:

> Yesterday Bonaire saw the unexpected arrival of a Tropical Whale
> (Balaeonoptera edeni) aboard a cruise boat. It had been impaled on
> the bow of the vessel.

> Does anyone know of any other such incidents or are we dealing
> with an isolated daft/unfortunate animal ??

A cruise ship sailed into Vancouver, British Columbia last summer with a
whale on its bow (BC-Alaska route). Maybe others recall the type of
whale. The Vancouver Aquarium would have the details. Contact through
http://www.vancouver-aquarium.org

--
Karl Fellenius, Masters Candidate
School of Resource & Environmental Management
karlf at sfu.ca