MesoAmerica Conservation Associate Opening

Alexander Stone reefkeeper at Earthlink.net
Mon Jan 17 09:32:24 EST 2000

MESOAMERICA CONSERVATION ASSOCIATE
Fulltime Position Opening

* Full Bilingual (Spanish / English) required *
* Able to travel 4 to 8 days per month        *
* Quintana Roo area resident preferred        *

As a fulltime ReefKeeper employee, you will work from your own at-home
workplace on coral reef conservation issues in Mexico, Belize and
Honduras.

REEFKEEPER INTERNATIONAL:
We are an international non-profit conservation advocacy organization
exclusively dedicated to the protection of coral reefs and their marine
life. Our campaigns focus on creation and management of marine protected
areas, prevention of physical damage to coral reefs, coastal zone
management and marine water quality policy reform, and modification of
unsustainable or habitat-damaging fishing practices.  See our website at
www.reefkeeper.org.

COMPENSATION:
Salary based on experience and qualifications. Paid travel expenses and
personal car mileage.  Paid vacation, sick leave, and work holidays.
Health insurance and retirement plan.

ASSIGNMENT COMPONENTS:
o communicate with news media
o develop rulemaking proposals
o attend & report on agency meetings
o give presentations to civic groups
o monitor regulatory agencies by phone
o present verbal testimony at public hearings
o represent ReefKeeper on agency advisory panels
o review & report on regulatory & permitting proposals
o prepare written comments on regulatory and permitting proposals

POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
o excellent writing and speaking abilities in English and Spanish
o ability to interpret biological & ecological information
o able to travel monthly to Belize and Honduras
o attention to detail & organization
o personal automotive transportation

PREFERENCES:
o certified SCUBA diver
0 resident in Quintana Roo area
o familiarity with coral reefs & marine resource issues

TO APPLY:
Send a letter and/or resume outlining your qualifications and salary
requirements, plus a writing sample in English or Spanish (work report,
etc). No phone calls, please.

ReefKeeper International
2809 Bird Avenue - PMB 162 / Miami, FL 33133
e-mail: a_stone at reefkeeper.org
fax (305) 358-3030
www.reefkeeper.org