coral distribution help

Dave Carlon carlon at wrigley.usc.edu
Fri Jan 21 18:40:44 EST 2000

Dear Coral-List,

I am collecting data on the broad- and micro-scale habitat distributions
of the living Eastern, Central, and Western Pacific zooxanthellate
(hermatypic) corals.  I am looking for either published accounts of where
coral species live, including there depth distributions and habitat type.
I am also including personal observations in the data set.  While the
extremes of a habitat range are informative, my main interest is in the
habitats where a species reaches it's greatest abundance, on a "typical"
reef.  If your not using accepted scientific nomenclature (i.e., that of
J.E.N. Veron), please provide me the background to what you are calling a
"species."

Information can be e-mailed, mailed, or faxed to me at the address below.

Thanks!

Dave Carlon
University of Southern California
Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies
P.O. Box 5069
Avalon, CA  90704
carlon at wrigley.usc.edu
Lab: (310) 510-4013