a new coral researcher now

Michaël RARD Michael.Rard at univ-reunion.fr
Mon Jan 31 01:49:05 EST 2000

Hello coral-list 's members,

My name is Michaël RARD. I'm a new researcher on coral ecology since
february 1999.

I'm a PhD student in the Marine Ecologie Laboratory of Reunion Island, and
my PhD theme is : " Contribution at the Reunion reefs carbonates budget with
the use of in situ coral nubbins : environmental conditions influence on
calcification and bioerosion rates ".

I work
1- with 2 species : Acropora formosa and Montipora circumvallata
2- with 3 sites : PlanchAlizé => a eutrophication site ; Trou d'Eau => a
healthy site ; St Leu => a healthy site, but absolutely destroyed by the
cyclone Firinga in 1989 and where the coral growth become apparently high.
3- with 2 seasons : cold and warm
4- with 2 different but complementary themes : metabolism (calcification,
growth, tissu contents) and bioerosion (rates, cinetics, boring organisms
communities)

I'm very enjoyed to integrate the coral list and I hope that we'll have good
future relations.
Have a nice week.

Best regards.

A new member.