HSPs in corals of the Persian Gulf

Mohammad Reza Shokri mrshok at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:31:20 EDT 2000

Dear Coral-listers

Thank you all who replied to our request on   HSPs in corals of the Persian
Gulf. I am really grateful if anybody answer my new questions (no: 3 and 4):

I am going to measure the Heat Shock Proteins (HSPs) in the tissue of hard
coral's of the Persian Gulf. I would appreciate anyone to introduce any
paper in this regard and direct me in the following aspects:
1. What is the easiest way to remove the tissue from coral skeleton?
2. Which type of hard coral is the most suitable for this purpose?
3. What is the best protocol for assay of HSPs in corals?
4. Do corals make any adaptations to chronic environmental stressors
according to their HSP content?

Yours
Peyman
Peyman Eghtesadi (Ph.D. candidate)
Iranian National Center for Oceanography
#51, Bozorgmehr Ave., Tehran, 14168, Iran
Tel: +98-21-6419891
Fax: +98-21-6419978
Email: peyman at ibb.ut.ac.ir