Update on Bali Reproduction session and my correct email

Peter Harrison pharriso at scu.edu.au
Wed May 3 03:04:31 EDT 2000

Colleagues,

There has been a great response from researchers around the world to the
9ICRS mini symposium at Bali: "Reproduction, recruitment, and effects of
stress on reproductive success of corals and other reef invertebrates". So
far we have a total of 29 submissions for this session, so it promises to
be an excellent program. I will be contacting the more recent respondents
soon, to confirm their presentation etc.

A number of people have had problems contacting me by email, because the
email address listed for me on the 9ICRS website is incorrect. My correct
email is: pharriso at scu.edu.au

So if you have been having problems emailing me, please forward your
abstracts to me by email using the correct address as soon as possible
(ignore the incorrect email address on the 9ICRS website - apologies for
any inconvenience, but I was not aware that this mistake had occurred, and
am endeavouring to have the website information corrected).

I look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you at Bali.

Peter

ORIGINAL MESSAGE WITH DETAILS OF THE SESSION:
>This message is to inform coral reef workers and all other researchers
>interested in reproductive biology and ecology of coral reef biota of a
>newly approved mini symposium topic for the 9th ICRS at Bali:
>"Reproduction, recruitment, and effects of stress on reproductive success
>of corals and other reef invertebrates". As the title suggests, the
>mini-symposium will focus on reproduction and recruitment patterns of
>corals and other reef invertebrates, with an additional focus on the
>effects of natural and anthropogenic pollution and stress impacts on
>reproductive output and success of these organisms. Note that this
>mini-symposium will not include papers dealing with pelagic and settlement
>stages of reef fishes which is the focus of another mini-symposium. The
>mini-symposium could be expanded to include reproductive ecology of algae
>if there is sufficient interest among researchers.
>
>Please contact me by return email if you are interested in contributing to
>this session, or would like further details.
>
>Participants should send Abstract/s to me (pharriso at scu.edu.au) AND to Dr
>David Hopley, the Chair of the Scientific Program
>(David.Hopley at ultra.net.au) by the APRIL 30 deadline.  Abstracts should be
>submitted in the format given on the conference web page
>(www.nova.edu/ocean/9icrs), and participants are encouraged to submit
>Abstracts in an electronic format to assist with the preparation of the
>Symposium Abstract booklet.  Abstracts are required for both oral
>presentations and posters.
>
>I look forward to seeing you at this stimulating session!
>
>Peter

Dr Peter Harrison
Associate Professor in Ecology
School of Resource Science and Management
Southern Cross University
PO Box 157
Lismore NSW 2480
Australia