Part-time Fla Grassroots Conservation Coordinator

reefkeeper at earthlink.net reefkeeper at earthlink.net
Mon May 8 11:12:41 EDT 2000

******************************
Florida Grassroots
Conservation Coordinator
Half-time Position
******************************

JOB DESCRIPTION
As a ReefKeeper employee, you will work from our Miami office on
grassroots coordination for coral reef conservation issues in the
Florida Keys and Southeast Florida.

ABOUT REEFKEEPER INTERNATIONAL
We are an international non-profit conservation advocacy organization
exclusively dedicated to the protection of coral reefs and their marine
life. Our campaigns focus on creation and management of marine protected
areas, prevention of physical damage to coral reefs, coastal zone
management and marine water quality policy reform, and modification of
unsustainable or habitat-damaging fishing practices.  See our website at
www.reefkeeper.org.

COMPENSATION
$9.00 per hour, 20 hours per week. Paid vacation, sick leave, personal
car business mileage and expenses.

ASSIGNMENT COMPONENTS
o communicate with ReefKeeper members, ReefKeeper Network groups, sport
diving businesses, and civic clubs to generate conservation issue
activism

o write grassroots action alerts to motivate grassroots issue
involvement

o organize meetings and presentations to groups

o participate in dive shows, mall fairs, and other public gatherings

o organize public comment letter-writing workshops

o give slide talks and other presentations to groups

POSITION REQUIREMENTS
        o current resident of Southeast Florida
        o excellent public speaking abilities
        o outgoing and motivating personality
        o strong oral & phone communication skills
        o attention to detail & organization
        o available for occassional weekend and evening work

PREFERENCES
        o student at grad school or person with no other job
                  committments
        o certified SCUBA diver
        o familiar with coral reefs & marine resource issues

TO APPLY
Send letter of interest & resume. No phone calls, please.

ReefKeeper International
2809 Bird Avenue - PMB 162 / Miami, FL 33133
e-mail: a_stone at reefkeeper.org / fax (305) 358-3030
www.reefkeeper.org