The Trouble with our Ocean

Alan E Strong Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 17 09:00:08 EST 2000

I have to take issue with the last comments in this
"thread"....

Peter is "correct" as long as there IS a structure...but once
the dead reef gets reduced to rubble (possibly the next
tropical storm) there will be very few fish that will
continue to take refuge in the area = another "lost" tourist
dollar.

Next the beach will become dramatically altered because the
reef no longer stands offshore to protect it from the ocean's
swell...

Regards,
Al Strong

--