Potential Bleaching expands

John naughton john.naughton at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 16 15:48:11 EDT 2001

Alan:

Good news from Palau.  I just returned last night.  We saw no indication of
bleaching, at least in the areas where we dove.  I also talked to a number of
the dive charter guides and they have seen nothing of significance as yet.
Also, the temperatures are normal at approx 83 F.  Very unlike further north
in the Northern Marianas where we observed bleaching last month, and water
temps of 85 to 87 F, as I reported earlier.

Aloha,  John