Potential Bleaching expands

Alan E Strong Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
Sun Aug 19 00:53:06 EDT 2001

http://orbit-net.nesdis.noaa.gov/orad/sub/sst_series_palmyra_cur.html

Susan -- Our SST time-series shown at link above appears to have
confirmed thermally what you have observed.  SSTs inched slightly above
the max SST expected this summer but have still not exceeded this
threshold by more than a few tenths...if they move up to 29.8 (from our
satellite SSTs) the story might have been a bit more bleak.

Cheers,
Al