epoxy

Bruce Carlson carlson at waquarium.org
Thu Feb 8 05:03:10 EST 2001

FYI:  In our experience, the two-part stick-epoxy putty does not harden to
the same strength as the Z-Spar splash zone compound.  The stick-epoxies
tend to crumble after a year or so, or otherwise dislodge from the rocks
very easily.  These products are certainly convenient and not as messy as
the splash zone compound, but I wouldn't trust them to hold a coral in
place for long in the ocean.

Perhaps others have had better experience with these products but I would
not recommend them for use in the ocean.

Bruce