Coastal Development

deevon deevon at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 26 15:26:38 EST 2001

I read this and thought to myself that this is a perfect example of why
carrying capacity discussions are needed to acknowledge that yes, there
are points at which even a little more impact is too much.  No one wants
to be confronted with that alternative, but it absolutely is a viable
option in many situations. The developer who recognizes that this parcel
is not going to make him a million bucks and who is willing to consider
letting it go so that it can remain undisturbed is the true hero.   And
that does happen. But not unless you have someone at the table who
proposes that alternative.  Isn't that what land trusts are all about?

Regards, DeeVon Quirolo, Reef Relief