Wandering Quarter Plotless Sampling Method

Phil Pepe phil.pepe at pcmail.maricopa.edu
Mon Feb 26 16:12:21 EST 2001

Does anyone have any references to the wandering quarter plotless
sampling method? I've read a description of it in a forestry methods
manual and Loya's description in an old UNESCO coral reef sampling
methods book. Is anyone using it for coral sampling? We tried it out
last summer in Hawaii to survey damage to coral heads. It was relatively
easy to employ and thereby a promising method. However, we're coming up
empty handed when trying to find references in the literature.