Fwd: Re: Black Coral

Rick Grigg rgrigg at iniki.soest.hawaii.edu
Tue Feb 27 19:19:28 EST 2001

Elettra,

	You and the coral listers should know that black coral has been managed
sustainably for over 40 years in Hawaii where State and Federal regulations
set size limits and require permits including reporting requirements.
While black coral may not be something tourists should buy in some places
of the world, to suggest an outright ban is to ignore that it has been
properly managed in Hawaii.

						Dr. Richard Grigg
						University of Hawaii