monitoring coral growth

The Reef Project reefprj at tm.net.my
Mon Jan 15 01:16:50 EST 2001

Dear Cor-lister,

I have started a coral transplant pilot project in Sabah, Malaysia.  I have since planted about 30 colonies of coral fragment on a degraded reef area.  Species of coral includes Acropora spp. and various type of brain coral. What I would like to do now is monitoring their growth in the new location.  I have problem finding the best methodology to measure the growth rate.  I appreciate it If anyone out there could share the best way to measure them and monitor their growth rate.

Thanks in advance.
Wilson