Bleaching

Alan E Strong Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 2 23:00:37 EST 2001

Mary,

http://psbsgi1.nesdis.noaa.gov:8080/PSB/EPS/icg/cl2.html

This is our new/revised HotSpot chart that hopefully uses a more
accurate monthly mean maximum [MMM] to compare actual SSTs against [SST
- MMM].  As you can see American Samoa and Samoa are surrounded by
"yellow"...this is not quite true with the posted HotSpot Chart.  So,
your confirmation is showing us that this adjustment is in the right
direction.  Hopefully you too will gain so relief from the trough of low
pressure [cyclone] that is near Fiji at the moment.

Thanks for your most valuable feedback.

Regards,
Al