Point Count analysis

Daniel Mayor dxm at soc.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 06:13:22 EST 2001

Dear all, I am analysing video footage taken over a reef, and would like to
determine the percentage cover of live, damaged and dead coral.  I think
that the best (and commonly used) method is the point count techniquque.  I
have been informed that Harrison wrote a paper on  the use of this method,
but my searches are not finding it.  If anyone knows of this paper, or
others that may be relevant, I would greatly appreciate it if you could let
me know.  Many thanks,
Yours,
Dan Mayor