Coral quotes

Osha Gray Davidson osha at oshadavidson.com
Thu Mar 22 09:25:17 EST 2001

Dear fellow sea-fans,

We're in the process of collecting quotations related to coral reefs (and
marine life in general), for use on the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration's introductory web-page on coral health and monitoring:
www.coral.noaa.gov.

If you have a favorite short quotation (a sentence or paragraph is just
right) about reefs, reef organisms, conservation, marine biodiversity or
oceans in general, please E-mail them to me along with as complete a
citation as possible.

The quotations change every time the page is reloaded, so we'd like to have
as many as possible!

Here's an example currently used on the web-page:

"A coral reef cannot be properly described. It must be seen to be
thoroughly appreciated."
Sidney Hickson, 1889, quoted in Whitten, Anthony, et. al. "The Ecology of
Sulawesi." Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Gadjah Mada University Press: 1987.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Osha

Osha Gray Davidson          Home page: www.OshaDavidson.com
14 S. Governor St.          Phone: 319-338-4778
Iowa City, IA 52240         E-Mail: osha at oshadavidson.com
USA