Nearshore bleaching photos - Fiji

Andy Hipkiss andy at andy-hipkiss.co.uk
Thu May 17 13:51:19 EDT 2001

James,

Another non-technical viewpoint ... but my divemaster whilst in the Maldives
"drift diving", noted that in '98, what WAS a drift dive in previous years
became the hardest drifting he'd ever done!

Even at 30m he was getting little flow and temperatures of 30-31C.  The
question is, did the temperature cause the shift in flow patterns or vice
versa?

I mention this in relation to your centre out bleaching photo ... the inner
areas of the colony would be even more affected by decreased flow than the
outer margins I would presume.

Cheers
Andy
--