divers and fish

Ursula Keuper-Bennett howzit at turtles.org
Thu Nov 1 08:02:47 EST 2001

Hi Bill,

You wrote:

>     Seems like you are blaming the aquarist for the habits of the local
> collectors and as far as I know there are very few people that collect
> for their own tank.

Come on there.  That's like saying one shouldn't blame the Consumer for the
habits of the local Indonesian loggers because as far as you know very few
people chop down exotic hardwoods for their own furniture and floors.

You wrote:

>      While most reef keepers are not marine biologists by title many have
> become lay marine biologist through the love of their hobby.  While I
> might defend the hobby through words I would like you to take a look at
> various sites that have been created because of the hobby.

I don't get your point.  Why would you encourage us to visit these various
reef keepers' sites?  I just checked yours out.  Perhaps I missed the point.

Best wishes,
Ursula
TURTLE TRAX
http://www.turtles.org