terminology

anne cohen acohen at whoi.edu
Wed Nov 14 18:50:18 EST 2001

Hello: In response to my query below  posted Nov 4th, I received several

suggestions were:

-aposymbiotic
-apozooxanthellate
-facultative zooxanthellate
-facultative symbiotic

Others suggest that aposymbiotic/apozooxanthellate should be reserved
for zooxanthellate species having lost their zoox i.e. a bleached colony

is "apo".
However, Veron uses this term in "Corals in Space and Time" to refer to
species which are happy being both.

Anne.

--
Dr A.L. Cohen