Priorities for public comment on Monday -- please forward to relevant lists

John McManus jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu
Fri Nov 23 14:08:23 EST 2001

{Please pardon cross-listings.}

Dear Colleagues,

The Workshop: Priorities for Caribbean Coral Reef Research, was held on
October 3-5, 2001 in Miami. The 65 participants were carefully selected to
represent a broad range of fields and institutions, and included scientists
and managers from 11 countries. For the sake of productivity, the group was
deliberately kept small. However, we would like to have comments and
suggestions on the draft output of the workshop from all interested parties.

The document will be finalized on Thursday, November 29, and distributed at
the U.S. Coral Reef Task Force Meeting on December 5. It will then be
presented to a large number of funding and operating agencies.

The near-final draft will be posted for public comment on our website from
Monday (noon)  through Wednesday (close of business) November 25 - 28. The
final document will be posted soon thereafter.

An early draft is currently on line at:
<http://www.ncoremiami.org/_private/workshop_bullet_points.html>

This will be replaced on Monday with an improved version, and linked to our
main website at www.ncoremiami.org. The latter version is the one we need
comments on.

Comments should be directed to the ncore at rsmas.miami.edu
<mailto:ncore at rsmas.miami.edu> e-mail address.

Thank you for your assistance,

John

John W. McManus, PhD
Director, National Center for Caribbean Coral Reef Research (NCORE)
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences (RSMAS)
University of Miami, 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, Florida 33149.
jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu
Tel. (305) 361-4814
Fax (305) 361-4600