New Bleaching Report Listing

Alan E Strong Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 1 09:25:45 EDT 2001

Coral Reef Watch posts new Bleaching Report list:

http://orbit-net.nesdis.noaa.gov/orad/sub/bleaching_report_index.html

The above URL takes you to our new composite Table, listing reports we
have received from the field.
We hope this provides a useful service (your comments are sought).

At the moment we are watching this year's warm water pulse move into the
northeastern Caribbean.  These high SSTs peaked quickly over the Bahamas
last week exiting via Turks Caicos to the south and now can be seen in
the Virgin Islands and northern Antilles.  On Saturday our satellite
SSTs revealed that waters around St. Croix and St. John had inched to
within 0.1 deg C of the bleaching "threshold":
    http://www.osdpd.noaa.gov/PSB/EPS/SST/dhw_news.html

If brisk (15-25knots - this morning) winds continue any bleaching would
hopefully be light.
    (http://www.osdpd.noaa.gov/PSB/EPS/icg/virg0wind.htm)

Cheers,
Al