Land based sources of pollution//source estimates

Bob Buddemeier buddrw at kgs.ukans.edu
Thu Oct 4 10:40:14 EDT 2001

William/list:

Thanks -- I suspect this will be mirrored in other places when people look (by the
way, it is analogous to findings that in some areas there has been a significant
increase of the fraction of the total precipitation falling in relatively intense as
opposed to mild and moderate events).

Question -- relevance to bleaching is likely to depend on the seasonal distribution
of the effect -- if it increases mixing in the normally warm and calm period of the
year it could be really important, but if the changes primarily effect the seasons
when things don't bleach anyway, not so.  Do you have statistics on the wind
distributions and pattern shifts relative to SST?

Comment -- this has general implications for connectivity and disturbance, as well as
the sediment resuspension and turbidity context in which the point was originally
made.

Bob

--
Dr. Robert W. Buddemeier