Test SST Anomaly and Coral Bleaching HotSpots

Alan E Strong Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
Tue Oct 9 15:53:24 EDT 2001

Potential Bleaching for Palau:
    http://psbsgi1.nesdis.noaa.gov:8080/PSB/EPS/icg/cl2.html

The WebSite shown above is our revised Hotspot chart based on new
Pathfinder SSTs (we believe are improved from our original charts).  The
SST time series shows:
    http://orbit-net.nesdis.noaa.gov/orad/sub/sst_series_palau_cur.html

SSTs now are higher than the previous event back in June and early July,
when some slight paling was reported at Palau, and have risen rapidly
this month.

Hopefully this high temperature episodes is short lived...

Verification (positive or negative) appreciated.

Regards,
Al Strong
NOAA's Coral Reef Watch Project
--