CRCP crcp at africaonline.co.ke
Tue Sep 4 20:09:21 EDT 2001

Tsitiskamma National Park in South Africa may be one of oldest parks, although
not a coral reef park.  I have not been able to find its date of origin, but I
think it may go back to the 1930s.

The following are some interesting work done there, but donot gieve the dates
of the park's origin.

Buxton, C. D. 1993. Life-history changes in exploited reef fishes on the east
coast of South Africa. Environmental Biology of Fishes 36:47-63.

Buxton, C. D., and M. J. Smale. 1989. Abundance and distribution patterns of
three temperate marine reef fish (Teleostei: Sparidae) in exploited and
unexploited areas off the Southern Cape Coast. Journal of Applied Ecology
26:441-451.

--
Tim McClanahan
Coral Reef Conservation Project