Position Announcement

Lynne Hale lzhale at gsosun1.gso.uri.edu
Mon Sep 24 12:58:30 EDT 2001

Dear Colleagues:

CRC is recruiting for a full time staff member to join our international
team.  A short description follows.  I would appreciate your alerting
qualified individuals to this opportunity.  I apologize if you have
received multiple versions of this.

Many thanks,

Lynne

Coastal Resources Center
University of Rhode Island
Advancing Coastal Management Worldwide

Marine Research Associate III - International Field Program

The Coastal Resources Center at the University of Rhode Island is
initiating a search for a Marine Research Associate III who will be
responsible for providing substantial technical support and backstopping
for CRC's Cooperative Agreement with USAID in Coastal Management, with
emphasis on support to its programs in Asia, the Western Pacific and Mexico.

The qualified Marine Research Associate candidate is required to
possess:  master's degree in a resource management-related discipline;
minimum of three years professional experience in coastal management;
excellent organizational, writing, computer and communication skills;
willingness to travel internationally up to four months per year. In
addition, the preferred candidate will possess: experience in
community-based coastal management and/or marine protected area management;
experience working in Asia/Western Pacific/and/or Latin America.

For more information about the Coastal Resources Center, please visit our
web site at: http://crc.uri.edu.  Please submit letters of application and
resume by September 28, 2001 to:  Lynne Z. Hale, Search Coordinator, Log
#091300, University of Rhode Island,
Box G, Kingston, RI 02881 or lzhale at gsosun1.gso.uri.edu.  The University of
Rhode Island is an AA/EEO employer.

Lynne Zeitlin Hale