Advice on bleaching

M.G. Visram shak at africaonline.co.ke
Mon Feb 11 11:03:26 EST 2002

Dear all,=20

I am a PhD student on fieldwork in Kenya where my research interest is =
studying 'recovery' from coral bleaching.=20

I am seeking advice on how to artificially induce (in aquaria) bleaching
=
in any one of the following species - Porites cylindrica (branching =
Porites), Acropora humilis , Pocillopora verrucosae and Pocillopora =
damicornis.=20

My bleaching tank is set up as follows - the tank is outdoors (exposed =
to sunlight) and the seawater turns over once every 24 hours, the =
temperature averages around 32.5 degrees C, which is about 1 degree =
above maximum summer average temperature.=20

If anyone has worked with any of the above species, or has some helpful
=
suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it,=20

thanks,

S. Visram
digests, please visit http://www.coral.noaa.gov, click on Popular on the