Position Available: NCORE Asst. Scientist

Tom Williams ctwiliams at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 05:26:11 EDT 2002

Ms. Dickman and J.McManus
I am responding to your advert. below for a position
in Florida.  I have attached my general resume and if
needed I can provide a more marine benthos oriented
resume, especially for Foraminifera.  I have no direct
experience in the Caribbean and most experience is in
California, Central/West Texas coast, SE Asia, Korea,
China/HK,Sri Lanka, Red Sea and now Arab/Persian Gulf
and Gulf of Oman.

I am presently employed in Dubai on the Palm Island
project.  I have been planning on returning to the US
for family reasons.

Thank You for your consideration.

Dr. Tom Williams
971-50-553-7217
971-4-399-1400
ctwiliams at yahoo.com

--- Cara Dickman <cdickman at rsmas.miami.edu> wrote:
Title:  Assistant Scientist, The National Center for
Caribbean Coral Reef Research (NCORE), Rosenstiel
School of Marine & Atmospheric Science, Univ. of
Miami, 4600 Rickenbacker Cswy., Miami, FL 33149

Qualifications:  Ph.D. in Earth Science and at least
1 year of work experience. Field sampling experience
required. Must have outstanding communication skills.

 Tasks:  Successful candidate will support research
 activities of NCORE under the direction of the Center
Director. S/He will assist the Director with all
aspects of Center operations including proposal
development for both governmental and non-governmental
funding sources. S/He will serve as Quality Assurance/
Quality Control (QA/QC) Officer
 for all EPA funded Center research. Liaise with EPA
 Project Officer. Draft and approve QA/QC Plans of
principle investigators, conduct site visits and
reviews of on-going research to guarantee
 compliance with EPA rules and regulations. Supervise
Center employees.
Write and/or compile all reports and proposal addenda
related to EPA funded research projects. Coordinate
with University officials to maintain the Center’s
budget and ensure that stipulations controlling the
allocation of funds for research are satisfied. Plan
and coordinate all aspects of international coral reef
science & management workshops hosted by the center,
including the production and distribution of
meeting findings and recommendations. Represent the
Center at international meetings in lieu of the Center
Director.  Communicate the Center’s positions on
 coral reef science and management issues to funding
 and regulatory agencies and the scientific community.
Deliver lectures to scientific
 audiences and the public on coral reef issues.
Participate in occasional
field work. Successful candidate will be encouraged
to author scientific publications.
 Salary: Commensurate with experience. Contact: Dr.
John McManus, 305.361.4824, NCORE – The National
Center for Caribbean Coral Reef Research, Rosenstiel
School of Marine & Atmospheric Science, Univ. of
Miami, 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, Florida
33149. Fax: 305.361.4910            ANNOUNCEMENT
PERIOD: 07/12/02 to 07/26/02.