No subject

Alison Green alison at gbrmpa.gov.au
Wed May 29 06:55:56 EDT 2002

Dear Coral Listers
Chuck Birkeland, Dave Fisk and I completed an intensive survey of the reefs
on five islands in American Samoa (Tutuila, Aunu'u, and Manu'a Islands) for
the local Dept of Marine and Wildlife Resources in March. During the survey,
we assessed the level of coral bleaching at each of ~30 sites using a
standardised protocol developed by GBRMPA.  I haven't had a chance to work
up the data yet, but my impression was of low to moderate levels of
bleaching (with the most bleaching recorded on the north shore of Tutuila).
A more detailed report will be available in the next few months.
Alison Green

digests, please see http://www.coral.noaa.gov/lists/coral-list.html .