Virus Attack Follow Up

David Nettleton david.nettleton at virgin.net
Tue Nov 12 11:39:57 EST 2002

Dear All,

Following Louis's suggestions I have been able to eradicate the Bride
virus
manually by removing the mystey help and explorer files from my desktop,
regedit.exe from my windows/system folder and Bride.exe. It appears to
have
gone for now anyway, I think I was lucky in not having the funlove worm
spread (my anti-virus software caught it)- the funlove identifying
flcss.exe
never appeared.
In order to stop windows crashing i prevented certain software like
antivirus and norton software from booting up with windows ( switched
them
off in safe mode).  I hope this may help anyone in trouble.
I still need to find a backup copy of msconfig.exe, which does not
appear to
be on the windows cdrom, if anyone has the answer please let me know.

regards

David Nettleton