Postponement of ITMEMS 2

owner-coral-list at aoml.noaa.gov owner-coral-list at aoml.noaa.gov
Thu Oct 31 07:53:26 EST 2002

    SECOND INTERNATIONAL TROPICAL MARINE ECOSYSTEM
    MANAGEMENT SYMPOSIUM MOVED TO MARCH 24-27, 2003

    In view of the heightened security concern in the Philippines and
    after careful deliberation by the ICRI Joint Philippine-Sweden
    Secretariat and the Organizing Committee has decided to
    reschedule the Second International Tropical Marine Ecosystem
    Management Symposium (ITMEMS 2) from November 25-28, 2002
    to March 24-27, 2003 in Manila, Philippines.

    The decision to reschedule ITMEMS 2 is being made in
    consideration of requests and recommendations expressed by
    major partners in ICRI and ITMEMS that may affect their
    participation and other participants. In the interest of achieving
an
    excellent global representation and participation, the symposium is
    rescheduled to March 24-27, 2003 as the most convenient and
    manageable time.

    We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience
    the re-scheduling may have caused and hope for your continued
    support. We look forward to see you next year.

    Olof LINDEN
    Robert JARA
    Richard Kenchington
    Angel ALCALA

    ICRI Joint Philippine-Sweden Secretariat
    ITMEMS 2 Program and Organizing Committee

    Please note that there will be some adjustments on the
    deadline set by the Organizers and case studies are still very
    much welcome.  Should there be anymore questions, please
    do not hesitate to email us. Please acknowledge receipt of this
document.
digests, please see http://www.coral.noaa.gov/lists/coral-list.html .